If the world were split down the middle, and all the people who love lists were on one hemisphere and all the people who hate them were across the divide, I think it would be easy for people to choose which half to stand on, and few would venture over to the other side. I’m a List Liker. I like comparing lists and compiling the common results into new lists. For example, today I noticed an article entitled, “Five Things Successful People Never Say in Public.” Later, I had a couple minutes free and went out to the www to find and read it. There were many, many lists of things important people wouldn’t dream of mentioning in public. Apparently, the more successful one is, the more quiet he/she becomes. (Actually, there’s some truth in that, but that’s another post).
So, I checked out five similar lists and made some decisions about who’s right and who’s interesting, and came up with a SUPERLIST. Here it is. The BEST OF FIVE, Five List synopsis. The TOP FIVE THINGS SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE NEVER EVER SAY IN PUBLIC:
5. That’s impossible. Successful people say, “Let’s try it another way.”
4. I don’t need any help. Successful people know when to let someone else step in.
3. That’s not my job. Successful people know that what goes around comes around.
2. I don’t know. Successful people say, “I’ll find out.”
and the number one thing successful people never say… (drumroll, please)…
1. We don’t have a choice. Successful people know, there’s always another option.
BONUS FEATURE: A few things successful people say all the time…
Let me help you, we can do this, help me understand, what did we do last time, what do you think the problem is, let’s try it, I’ve been thinking about this and it seems to me…, what I hear you saying is…, we’re getting closer to a solution every time we fail, and PLEASE, and THANK YOU and LET’S PARTY!